Foster Care & Adoption Services network
The jameson center
The Jameson Center is named in Honor of the late, Henry and Grace Jameson.
The Jameson Center is a licensed Child Placing Agency (CPA) that recruits, trains, evaluates, monitors and provides supportive services to foster homes in the greater Galveston - Houston areas and the Rio Grande Valley. The program serves children with special needs and youth from birth to age 17.
FAQs about Foster Care | Become a Foster Parent | Brochure
If you would like more information about becoming a foster parent, please complete the brief request form and a Jameson staff member will contact you within 24-72 hours.
Jacki Scott, program director - foster care services
o: 281.282.1301 f: 281.282.1311
Gabriela Arellano, program director - adoption services
5 Basic Requirements to Become a Foster Parent...
- Be a legal United States resident;
- Complete the application and background check, and provide 3 personal reference letters;
- Have adequate and safe living space, and the support of family;
- Cooperate with agency, federal and state policies;
- Receive payment for your care in fostering a child or children.
“Working with Jameson Center has been a very rewarding experience, especially working with the children. During my years with the agency it has had its ups and downs, but the support of the agency has made me strive for improvement and not throw in the towel. ...Staff and trainings are helpful.” - Daphney T.